Sunday, August 1, 2010

Scott & Sue Got Married!

When my good friend Scott asked his super-nice ladyfriend Sue to marry him last year, I offered to design their wedding invitations. This was a two-fer for me. I was not only given the honor of announcing the nuptials of 2 of my good friends, but also given the opportunity to work with Kristin at Twin Raven's Press again (yay, letterpress!).

Scott and Sue were great clients. They have brilliant taste. Of the 3 designs I presented, they went with my favorite. They were getting married on the shore of Lake Washington near Seattle. I designed a simple illustration of Mount Rainier peaking above the trees behind Lake Washington that would serve as a motif across the printed materials.

I designed an invitation, a half-and-half information card and tear-off RSVP, as well as coasters that would be the favors at their ceremony/reception. They wanted the coasters to be used by their guests (and themselves) long after the ceremony, so we went with just the illustration (no names/dates/etc) and they turned-out awesome.

Check out the photos below (some information blurred for privacy):

The Whole Set: Information Card/RSVP tear-off, A7 Envelope,
4-bar Envelope, Invitation, Coaster


Invitation, Information Card/RSVP tear-off

coasters (my coffee mug is on one now... Kristin might or might not
have a few that 'fell off' the letterpress)

close-up of Invitation


I love letterpress...look at how those plates dig into the paper


Information Card - illustration blind embossed behind the text

Scott, Sue, Barley, and the process server


Congratulations Scott & Sue, I wish you only the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment